Are YOU On Demand?, Part 2

Last time we discussed how much more prevalent tablets and smartphones have become, and how your consumer is being quietly reprogrammed to expect those features from everything - and everyone - they come in contact with.  Think about it - when's the last time you rearranged your schedule to make sure you saw the weather report on TV?  It's almost ludicrous to think about.  One 2 second hold on the round button on my phone, then mumbling the word "weather" - I have the whole thing - 5 day forecast, maps, weather alerts - I can even click around and see how other people feel about the weather.  That is something that was previously missing from the nightly newscast.

As I dig into this reality, I am drawn to the amazing thing that Jobs landed on in his pursuit of the perfect device.  It is so.... simple.  In the authorized biography of Steve Jobs, it is discussed how the iPhone came to fruition. Interestingly, he was first motivated to invent a new tablet, but after the technology was developed he decided to launch the phone first to get the public used to it.  Everything was motivated by "simplicity."  He sent the design team back the drawing board multiple times in the interest of increasing simplicity.

Why?  Well, fast forward to today, and the most common request from my 4 year old on a rainy day is, "Daddy, cun I pway wif da iPad?"  500 miles away, his great grandparents are both proud owners of tablets, where they can play online card games from the comfort of their easy chair, answer emails, and even click "like" on Facebook posts!  From (at least) age 4 to 88, the simplicity of the device has increased adoption, making it part of everyday life.  Prior to this, both of these generations would often just ignore computers, dismissing them as "too difficult".  Luckily, Microsoft paid attention and has added simplicity to its Windows 8 rollout!

Back to you - when was your last upgrade?  When have you last recorded yourself or mused over your last interaction with a client to focus solely on this question:

Do I make it simple to do business with me?

Now, right out of the gate, it's easy to begin pointing fingers, and I get it!  
  • My CRM is slow and confusing
  • My company policies make the process complicated
  • My pre-sale requirements from management slow down the progress with a willing prospect
  • My sales process is confusing, but it's required.
  • My.......gosh, are you tired of making excuses?
Pay attention here, as this upgrade could change you forever!  In spite of all of the previous concerns, how are YOU making it simple to do business with YOU?  I can help you hone in on your strengths, and in spite of all of the above objections, make sure you are simple to do business with.  Your customer's phone already is.... time for an OS upgrade on you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friends, Facebook, and Followup

How to earn the right to close

Can you REALLY Overcome an Objection?